Frequently asked questions
The Technology behind TriLipo:
TriLipo is the only body contouring technology in the world that works on the skin, fat layer and muscles at the same time. TriLipo combines two unique forms of energy:
a. TriPollar Radio-Frequency (RF) – the most advanced form of RF energy for fat reduction and skin tightening
b. Dynamic Muscles Activation (DMA) – this energy triggers custom muscle contractions to support fat reduction, skin firming and toning
The innovative combination of TriPollar RF and DMA allows patients to simultaneously tighten their skin, reduce fat volume and enhance muscle tone, all without destroying a single cell of their body.
TriLipo harnesses the body’s natural processes for the most effective skin tightening, body contouring and cellulite reduction results – without destroying a single cell in the body. TriLipo treatment is based on lipolysis – a natural fat metabolism process that takes place every time we fast or do intensive exercise. During the treatment:
- Focused TriPollar RF energy safely heats the fat layer, causing fat cells to increase their metabolism, release lipids (liquid fat) to their environment and to shrink.
- At the same time, DMA energy triggers muscle contractions which squeezes the fat cells. The mechanical squeezing effect causes fat cells to release even more fat, which is then pushed by the muscles toward the lymphatic drainage.
- In addition, TriPollar RF energy stimulates fibroblasts (a type of skin cell that produces new collagen and elastin fibres) resulting in immediate and long term skin tightening results.
To learn more about TriLipo’s mechanisms of action, go to “TriLipo Treatment”.
No, TriLipo treatment does not kill fat cells. Instead, TriLipo shrinks the volume of fat cells and, as a result, shrinks the volume of the entire fat layer in the treatment area.
But why shouldn’t we kill our own fat cells?
Our fat cells are crucial for many metabolic and hormonal processes which take place in our body every day. The number of fat cells in our body is tightly regulated and remains relatively constant during adulthood. Artificial destruction of fat cells upsets the body’s natural equilibrium and can trigger its compensation mechanisms, i.e. production of new fat cells or expansion of existing ones. In the long term, it is likely that the fat, which was unnaturally eliminated, will reappear in the form of lumps under the skin. In other words, killing fat cells is an aggressive manipulation that works against our body and, paradoxically, might even trigger unwanted production of new fat cells.
TriLipo, on the other hand, implements a natural approach for body contouring, where technology works with the body and not against it. TriLipo encourages natural fat metabolism and provides a naturally looking results without destroying a single cell of our body.
TriLipo treatment, which is based on TriPollar RF energy and Dynamic Muscles Activation (DMA), focuses on safety and convenience for patients without compromising on the results. There are several reasons why TriLipo is safer and more pleasant than other body contouring treatments:
- TriLipo does not kill fat cells and does not upset the body’s equilibrium. Other modalities, such as cryolipolysis (fat freezing) and cavitation, artificially reduce the number of fat cells in our body, and, in the long-term, might lead to unwanted results and complications. Although considered non-invasive, fat killing treatments are painful and often result in adverse reactions such as tissue numbing, swelling and bruises.
- TriLipo utilizes multiple RF electrodes that work together simultaneously, so the heating of the tissue is much more focused and effective. Other treatments, such as bi-polar RF, work with only two electrodes at any given time, so the heating is less effective and requires much higher power, meaning higher risk of burns and shocks.
- TriLipo needs less power to heat the skin more effectively. The unique configuration of the TriLipo electrodes allows therapeutic temperatures to be reached within the inner layers of the skin, even when low energies are used. Lower power also means more pleasant treatment, with lower risk of burns and shocks.
- TriLipo uses DMA to safely remove released fat from the fat cells and pushes fat toward the lymphatic drainage. DMA detoxifies the tissue, increases blood circulation and tones the muscles for firmer looking skin. Other modalities use painful vacuum techniques to manipulate the skin more aggressively. Vacuum techniques may also increase the laxity of the skin rather than tighten it.
Technological advantages and working with the body are what make TriLipo the safest, most pleasant and effective body-shaping treatment available today.
All About the TriLipo Treatment:
TriLipo provides a wide range of non-invasive solutions for face & body skin concerns that affect us all. TriLipo treatment:
- Reduces stubborn fat deposits
- Contours the body and reduces circumference
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Tightens the skin and reduces laxity
- Improves the texture of the skin
- Firms the muscles
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
TriLipo can treat any area of the body, excluding the breast and thyroid area. TriLipo is ideal for larger areas of the body like the abdomen, love handles, upper back (bra line), thighs and buttocks. In addition, TriLipo can work on hard-to-treat areas such as the neck, double chin, flabby arms, around the knees etc. TriLipo also treats the face for skin tightening and non-surgical “face lifts”.
Virtually everyone, in any size, shape and color, can enjoy the benefits of TriLipo treatments. However, restrictions do apply on certain conditions such as pregnancy, cancer (especially skin cancer), uncontrolled diabetes, any active skin condition in the area of the treatment or metal implants in the area of the treatment. Your practitioner may ask for additional information to make sure TriLipo is suitable for you.
Yes, you can treat over tattoos. TriPollar RF and DMA are “color blind” energies with no impact on inks and dyes.
The number of recommended sessions varies between patients and mostly depends on the size of the area and the initial condition of the skin. For example, facial skin tightening treatment requires approximately 4-6 weekly sessions, while cellulite reduction treatment on the thighs may require more sessions. Your recommended treatment protocol will be decided by your practitioner according to your individual needs.
Generally, results vary between patients. Most TriLipo patients start to see skin tightening results immediately after the first treatment. Body contouring results may also be noticed after one treatment, while long term results are mostly visible 6-8 weeks after the last session. Since the TriLipo effect is cumulative, more sessions will provide more dramatic results for a longer period of time.
As a ‘stand-alone’ treatment, TriLipo results should last several months. Nevertheless, it’s important to understand that keeping a healthy lifestyle is essential for long-lasting results. Regular exercise and proper diet will contribute to the results and will maintain the effects of the treatment. Since the body continues to age and the ageing process cannot be stopped, it is recommended to undergo preventative treatments every few months in order to maintain results.
TriLipo is the most pleasant body contouring treatment, described by many patients as a ‘warm massage”. TriLipo is significantly more tolerable than all “fat-killing” treatments. The level of DMA is selected by your practitioner according to your individual tolerance, so the treatment is both comfortable and effective.
TriLipo won’t make your skin feel numb or irritated, as opposed to other more aggressive treatments.
TriLipo treatments have zero downtime and do not limit patient’s activity in any way, shape or form.
TriLipo clinics are scattered across Canada. To find a clinic near you, go to ‘Find A Clinic’ and insert your address/city/postal code.
Generally, the cost of a TriLipo treatment varies according to the body area and number of sessions. Different clinics across Canada differ in price, according to their own discretion. To find more specific pricing information, go to “Find A Clinic” and contact your local TriLipo clinic.